Foundation 6 and sage

I’ll try to keep it updated as much as I can. I’d also like to spend more time working on the menu.

2 Likes

Just clone a copy of your Foundation 6 repo. When I run gulp, it doesn’t seem to find the grid-row mixin :

assets/styles/components/_grid.scss
Error: no mixin named grid-row

Any idea?

I fixed it.

My bower.json file was not compatible with the latest version of Foundation for Sites.

Ok now it doesn’t give any errors but the foundation stuff does not get compiled into the /dist/main.css.

Is it working for you?

Same here. I found the problem and fixed it. The repo has been updated. Check the commit to see what it was.

Thank you, it works now. I’m still learning how Sage works. Eventually I’ll be able to fix these issues myself and do pull requests! :wink:

Cheers

I’m happy to do it. Cheers.

Repo updated with the following :

• Added a walker for Foundation Top Menu
  • Added some css to the sidebar
  • Added some responsiveness !

Cheers.

3 Likes

Hey Frederic,

thanks for this fork. Trying it out at the moment, running into this error:

Warning: Declaration of Roots\Sage\Extras\Foundation_Nav_Menu::start_lvl(&$output, $depth) should be compatible with Walker_Nav_Menu::start_lvl(&$output, $depth = 0, $args = Array) in /srv/www/mysite.dev/current/web/app/themes/io/lib/extras.php on line 40

Any idea what could be causing this?

Yes, I fixed it. git pull to update.

Cheers

1 Like

Looks like the upcoming 6.2 release is going to require some Babel transpiling.

Thanks for the heads up. I’m looking at the “How to Upgrade”.

I changed the bower file to make sure it downloads the 6.1.2 version and not the 6.2 until it’s ready.

I just upgraded my repo for foundation for sites 6.2.

Note that we don’t really need to use babel for now as the dist version of foundation.js still has ES5 code.

3 Likes

I just updated my repo with a couple of commits. Go check it out:

Cheers,

Fred

I added Sass Settings in the mix. Enjoy ! Check the repo.

I just renamed my repo to : Foundation for Sage

1 Like

Hi Frederic,

Keep up the good work, it is greatly appreciated!

Thanks @fredricpfisterer. Doing God’s work, man.

Going to try this out this week and report back.

I am curious to know if you have maintained this up to Foundation 6.3? I am very excited about the idea~! Thanks~!

Bradley