ACF installer setup

Can you post the full output of running composer update in the site directory?

Loading composer repositories with package information
Updating dependencies (including require-dev)
Nothing to install or update
Writing lock file
Generating autoload files

I’m actually running out of ideas here. Could you try running rm -rf vendor from site and then run composer update again?

1 Like

… and before composer update running composer clear-cache might help too.

1 Like

Should I push after running composer update?

I’m not sure I understand the question. Push what to where?

EDIT:
Re-reading this I think you mean pushing to production. I recommend resolving this issue locally before trying to make it work in production.

1 Like

Sorry, I meant put to repo.

This worked locally. I forgot to push to repo and it didn’t install on the server. I’m hoping if I go back, push to repo, then reprovision server, it will work. I’m at my dayjob, so I’ll try it tonight, but thank you @MWDelaney and @knowler, I wish I could buy you both a beer, you guys are lifesavers.

1 Like

So I did a clean install,

Did what you said and it worked locally.

I tried to push up to my remote server. Didn’t work,

I tried to follow this, not sure if it worked. I think the issue I’m having is the build-before.yml file.

I’m assuming if I create a build-after file and move it to that, it should work?
https://discourse.roots.io/t/build-before-hooks-and-including-my-theme-via-composer/9843/9

Right now I can get Vangrant up to work, I can run:
ansible-playbook server.yml -e env=production

but when I try to:
./bin/deploy.sh production mysite

Nothing is there. (No nginx error).

It turns out there wasn’t any node_modules in my production theme. Do you guys have any idea why that might be? I’m thinking yarn isn’t running.

@knowler
@MWDelaney

Why would your production theme have node_modules? Sage packages up all the JS you need as part of the build process.

I didn’t know that.

Should I be able to run yarn in my production theme? If it try it, it says :

ERROR: There are no scenarios; must have at least one.

AFAIK you should’t be running yarn on your production server. All of your asset processing/compliation happens locally, when you deploy: The deploy process just pushes all your assets from your local machine to the remote one.

@mkSage Please don’t chain separate issues together in the same topic

1 Like