AJAX Comments?

Has anyone here using Roots tried to Ajaxify their comments section section? I’m working with a client that gets on average 100+ comments and I’m looking to turn this into a pagination with ajax. Thoughts and ideas is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Have you run into any specific issues? The comments markup changes in Roots, but it keeps the majority of classes and more importantly for any plugins, the ids, intact.

I would also at least consider outsourcing. The Roots site uses https://disqus.com/ and it would be quite a bit of work to implement the same level of functionality in WordPress. It’s also capable of exporting to and importing from WordPress.

I wish Disqus was an option but the design limitations of Disqus and what the client requires doesn’t allow me to do that.

I’ve had no issues because I haven’t even tried to code it in yet. If there’s a plugin that already does this, do you have one that you recommend?

There are a few but I’ve had no recent experience. Mark Jaquith used to have one, but I don’t know if it’s still maintained with all his other WordPress duties.