Ansible Provision issue

Am facing issue in provisioning the software to my Vagrant box. Even vagrant ssh is not working. Please suggest am stuck for weeks already here. Tried a lot of things but nothing worked out. Am using windows machine with virtual box and setup ubuntu to run my trellis project for development.

PLAY [WordPress Server: Install LEMP Stack with PHP 7.1 and MariaDB MySQL] *****

TASK [Gathering Facts] *********************************************************
System info:
Ansible 2.3.1.0; Vagrant 1.9.5; Linux
Trellis 0.9.9: December 14th, 2016

Failed to connect to the host via ssh: Connection timed out during banner
exchange

fatal: [default]: UNREACHABLE! => {“changed”: false, “unreachable”: true}
to retry, use: --limit @/sites/hostname/websites/trellis/dev.retry

PLAY RECAP *********************************************************************
default : ok=0 changed=0 unreachable=1 failed=0

Ansible failed to complete successfully. Any error output should be
visible above. Please fix these errors and try again.

You could do a vagrant up --debug &> vagrant.log to check for local provisioning issues on VirtualBox with Vagrant. This just to get more details. There is also the option to temporarily change the timeout. See https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41885326/ansible-playbook-setup-gather-facts-ssh-unreachable-connection-timed-out-dur#41885468 on how to increase in in your Ansible configuration. Never used that option myself though.
If it is for staging or production you can use the -vvv flag for more details on the issue provisioning your server.

2 Likes