Anybody using any page builders with sage?

I don’t use Beaver Themer, I just use Beaver Builder. Builder replaces any content in WordPress’s the_content() so if I place that within a limited-width container, for example, I’ve effectively limited Builder’s capabilities. That’s all I mean here.

A post was split to a new topic: Working with Blade and ACF

Has anybody had any experience with this? https://www.dopewp.com/ LiveCanvas - A bootstrap compliant page builder. I have beta access but I’ve never gotten around to trying it.

Imagine a page builder that only injected bootstrap4 markup into the front-end with no additional stylesheets or scripts. I’m not sure if that is what LiveCanvas does but some page builder should. I’m going to send them an email to see if it’s possible…

UPDATE: Here’s what the creator of LiveCanvas said:

LC does not add any js or any css to the site. It only takes care of helping the user write some html. And then saves that html fully in the content field of the post.

The editor builds stuff relying on BS4 so it expects the stack to run on a BS4 theme, and needs a clean page template allowing full-width content. Not a hard requirement.

Sounds ideal for when you’re prepared to give a client more control of their layouts. I will report back when I try it out.

I use Sage with Gutenberg on some new sites already and I actually like the Gutenberg editor a lot compared to the other page builders as it leaves the control mostly to the theme.

Related tutorial/code:

1 Like

Hello,

Have you ever tried LiveCanvas?
Do you know if it works well with Sage?

Thank you very much

I never got around to it sorry!

Just re-visiting this to make this dynamic and not having to declare all the fields every time for each layout. Here’s the code that makes this dynamic:

// Create page builder for ACF Flexible Blocks
public function pageBuilder() {

$page_builder = get_field('content_blocks'); 
    $data = [];
    $counters = []; // for counting same layout blocks on a page

if ($page_builder) {
        foreach ($page_builder as $block) {
            // update counter
            if( !isset($counters[ $block['acf_fc_layout'] ] ) ) {
                // initialize counter
                $counters[ $block['acf_fc_layout'] ] = 1;
            }
            else {
                // increase existing counter
                $counters[ $block['acf_fc_layout'] ]++;
            }
            $this_block = [
                'block_type' => $block['acf_fc_layout'],
                'block_counter' => $counters[$block['acf_fc_layout']],
            ];
            unset($block['acf_fc_layout']);
            $this_block = (object) array_merge($this_block, $block);
            array_push($data, $this_block);
        }
        $data = (object) $data;
        return $data;
    }
}

Any updates? I’m trying to build this myself, and so far I am trying to compile blade component, while a dynamic value from WP.

E.g. user selects ‘primary’ so that should be in the component should appear here, but instead of the blade component compiling it just gets thrown like this to the browser.