Bedrock-ansible "group_vars" file

I am totally new to bedrock-ansible, I have VirtualBox and Ansible installed. The project is just a practice one so there is no client url. I want to learn how to develop with VirualBox and vagrant In Bedrock-Ansible in the group_vars file, should wordpress_sites be 'localhost:3000", since that is what Gulp will be watching with BrowserSync? Is there anyway someone could give me an example of how the group_vars file should be filled out if Im just using localhost:3000 for my url while developing a site. Or am I completely confused and I need to using something like Digital Ocean to host it for development? Also it would great to see how vagrant-bindfs usage is placed into the Vagrant File? ex. “config.bindfs.bind_folder “/path/to/source”, “/path/to/destination”, options” I installed the vagrant-bindfs plugin in the terminal. I have got more questions but should probally start another thread so as to not go off topic. Thanks in advance for any help with these matters.

1. Host name: don’t use localhost:3000. Just add something generic like wp.dev to your site_hosts. Vagrant will automatically add that host to your hosts file if you install vagrant-hostsupdater.

2. Use that host above (such as wp.dev) for BrowserSync. Just edit your manifest.json.

3. You don’t need to do anything for vagrant-bindfs to work. Just having the plugin installed is enough.

https://github.com/roots/roots-example-project.com is a new project but it’s going to act as our official example repo integrating our projects. It’s a good resource to look at since it’s all configured and working.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the help, During Tasks being installed, I got this when trying vagrant up:

**TASK: [php | Add PHP 5.6 PPA]** *************************************************
**failed: [default] => {"failed": true}**
**msg: failed to fetch PPA information, error was: HTTP Error 503: Service Temporarily Unavailable**

**FATAL: all hosts have already failed -- aborting**

**PLAY RECAP** ********************************************************************
           **to retry, use: --limit @/Users/justinchristensen66/dev.retry**

**default                    : ok=27   changed=12   unreachable=0    failed=1**

**Ansible failed to complete successfully. Any error output should be**
**visible above. Please fix these errors and try again.**

I was wondering what to do? Or better yet what happened?

Also, when you install vagrant plugins, do you install them once or every time you start a new project?

Thanks again!

Just install the Vagrant plugins once. They install globally.

That error is coming from here.

I’m guessing you just got bad luck with timing. That PPA host might be down temporarily right now, or maybe some connectivity issue from you to them. Wouldn’t be surprised if it just worked again soon for you.