Bedrock not using up to date Wordpress version

MacOS Catalina (10.15.3)
PHP (7.4.1)
roots/bedrock (1.12.8)

Creating a new bedrock project using “composer create-project roots/bedrock” appears to still use Wordpress version 5.2.3 in the installation. The only other mention of this issue I’ve found was on this discourse post which is now closed.

I’ve checked the roots/bedrock Github repo which does confirm that the WP dependency version has been bumped from 5.2.3 to 5.3 in master. This led me to think it might be a Composer cache issue, but after several attempts clearing the composer cache and reinstalling Bedrock I was still getting the old WP version.

Looking further into the issue, I noticed that the latest release of roots/bedrock on Packagist still lists WP 5.2.3 as a dependency. I am relatively new to using Roots software and working with Composer packages in general, but could this be the reason this is happening?

I understand that bumping the WP version can just be done via my project’s composer.json file, but I’m getting several PHP errors using wp-cli-valet-command, which only seem to be resolved after updating the WP version every single time I start a new project.

Any help/insight into this would be hugely appreciated. Also, I apologize if the formatting/structure of this post is off since this is my first time posting in Roots Discourse.

Thanks!

We just need to push a new release for Bedrock. I’ll see if I can get to it this weekend if someone else doesn’t beat me to it.

1 Like

That would be awesome, thank you so much for the quick reply!

Also, any idea how to safely update Bedrock?
composer clean-cache; composer update - doesn’t update to newest roots/bedrock.

composer create-project roots/bedrock - will it overwrite my all settings? is there another option to update bedrock?

This topic was automatically closed after 42 days. New replies are no longer allowed.