Blank Homepage

I created a site in my dev environment using 6.5.2 and a static home page. Works fantastically. Moved theme over to production, ran WP setup, ran theme setup, readded pages, etc. All my pages work fine, except that when you go to the root of my site (should go to the “Home” page), nothing renders. Nothing. Just blank. I tried to turn on WP-Debug in the wp-config.php but I don’t get any output there. Check source, and nothing. Not even an opening HTML tag. I’m not sure what to check going forward. I had a custom front page template, but I removed it from front-page.php and from the templates directory, but that did not help. I could use some help at this point.

That’s weird.

What’s the link to the site?

http://www.tiffanydewittphography.com

You can see one of the pages at http://www.tiffanydewittphotography.com/about-tiffany/

I’m wondering as well, could this be an htaccess issue? I’ve copied mine below. I have WordPress set up in the wp directory under root.

# Default Charset
AddDefaultCharset utf-8

# Protect wp-config.php
<files wp-config.php>
    order allow,deny
    deny from all
</files>

#
# Redirect /wp-admin to /wp/wp-admin automatically
#
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^wp-admin\/?.*$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule /wp/wp-admin [L]
</IfModule>

# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /wp/index.php [L]
</IfModule>

# END WordPress

Did you follow the Codex article for migrating your WP installation? Taking care to use a tool like Peach for database migration of serialized values?

If worse comes to worst then don’t hesitate to delete your .htaccess (make a backup) then activate another theme, and then re-activate Roots.

When I ran into problems, I just scrapped the database and recreated the site from scratch, and just took the theme and copied the data over (there isn’t much, it’s a pretty simple site), but still having the same problem. I tried removing the htaccess, changing the theme and changing back, but still nothing. I feel like this has to be something simple that I’m missing.

OK, I fixed it. I forgot to update the main index.php to point to the wp subdirectory for the required files. Once I did that, it magically works!