Bower installation fails on OS X Yosemite

Hello. - Has anyone else had this problem? I have a new MPB running Yosemite. - I also have an iMac - same spec and I use both machines with Drobox to sync my local Mamp Files & Databases.

if i do the npm install on the imac its fine, but on my MBP i run npm install in the theme folder, and it creates the node modules but not the vendor/ folder with Bootstrap. - ok i can work around it with the imac but i want it to work properly here-

ive looked at all the blog posts, followed the steps, deleted the node_modules/ folder - I still get the error on the install.

Here is the error message

RR! Darwin 14.0.0
npm ERR! argv "node" "/usr/local/bin/npm" "install" "--unsafe-perm"
npm ERR! node v0.10.33
npm ERR! npm  v2.1.9
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! roots@7.0.2 postinstall: `node node_modules/bower/bin/bower install && grunt dev`
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR! 
npm ERR! Failed at the roots@7.0.2 postinstall script 'node node_modules/bower/bin/bower install && grunt dev'.
npm ERR! This is most likely a problem with the roots package,
npm ERR! not with npm itself.
npm ERR! Tell the author that this fails on your system:
npm ERR!     node node_modules/bower/bin/bower install && grunt dev
npm ERR! You can get their info via:
npm ERR!     npm owner ls roots
npm ERR! There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:
npm ERR!     /Users/andonette/Dropbox (Personal)/WebDev/TLHAuctioneers/wp-content/themes/roots-master/npm-debug.log

apologies if this has been solved and I can’t find it.

Ive done it using Codekit. so if anyone has any answers about doing it via the terminal i would definitely be interested!

npm ERR! Tell the author that this fails on your system:
npm ERR!     node node_modules/bower/bin/bower install && grunt dev

Bower failed to install, most likely due to permissions.

npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:
npm ERR!     /Users/andonette/Dropbox (Personal)/WebDev/TLHAuctioneers/wp-content/themes/roots-master/npm-debug.log

There are probably more details in that log file. Also:

Just out of curiosity, what happens when you simply run bower install in your theme dir? Please don’t include the directory name you see in the npm script, literally just run bower install.

1 Like

It’s time to start locking / deleting these threads since there’s already several other Discourse threads and GitHub issues where these issues have been discussed.

Start searching and Googling and debugging. The README was also recently updated to help with this:

This topic was automatically closed after 3 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.