BrowserSync/Gulp causing errors in Atom when saving files

This is more of an annoyance then anything else, but it’s killing my productivity and also sanity.

So I have been using Trellis / Bedrock / Sage for a minute now and just started using BrowserSync which I LOVE… but 60% of the time when I go to save my files in Atom editor I get “Uncaught Error: EAGAIN: resource temporarily unavailable, open”, obviously it has something to do with BrowserSync because it never happened before. I searched all the other support boards and can’t seem to find anything about it.

So this is my last hope or one of the two has to go, but I really like both programs.

I run Debian Jessie 8.1 on my work computer disabled every package in Atom.

Other than that though just want to say this whole setup you have going here is light years ahead of any other dev / dependency / efficiency setups and I have tried a ton. But someone please tell me they had this same problem and it’s just something stupid I’m overlooking.

Hey RiFi2k!

You might’ve fixed the issue already, but since no one else have commented on this here, I thought I’d share what fixed the issue for me.

Basically, I added reloadDebounce: 2000 as part of the BrowserSync options and then the EAGAIN issues finally stopped.

It might not work for you, but it fixed the issue for me.

You can read more about reloadDebounce here:

Good luck!

Good call on the reloadDebounce, just came back across this. I’m sure that would have fixed the issue for me. I found some other work around I can’t even remember now haha