Can't Find web Cronjob to delete

I had deployed a site with the wrong wordpress_site name by mistake and deleted it’s directory afterwards. I had been thinking I would run staging on the same server as production until coming across a recommendation against it by @swalkinshaw.

So I went and deleted the MySQL user, database and /srv/www/ directory for staging.example.com.

But now am getting quarterly emails from root@ telling me that

Cron <web@ubuntu-s-1vcpu-1gb-nyc1-xxx> cd /srv/www/staging.example.com/current && wp cron event run --due-now > /dev/null 2>&1

is failing to cd into the non-existent directory.

I’ve looked at all of the cron jobs for system users and there are none.

Also the wp cron event list output, run within current:

$ wp cron event list
+---------------------------+---------------------+---------------------+------------+
| hook                      | next_run_gmt        | next_run_relative   | recurrence |
+---------------------------+---------------------+---------------------+------------+
| wp_version_check          | 2018-03-27 04:04:30 | 7 hours 44 minutes  | 12 hours   |
| wp_update_plugins         | 2018-03-27 04:04:30 | 7 hours 44 minutes  | 12 hours   |
| wp_update_themes          | 2018-03-27 04:04:30 | 7 hours 44 minutes  | 12 hours   |
| wp_scheduled_delete       | 2018-03-27 16:04:33 | 19 hours 44 minutes | 1 day      |
| delete_expired_transients | 2018-03-27 16:04:33 | 19 hours 44 minutes | 1 day      |

How do I track down the Trellis cron-job created here to stop it? Is re-provisioning the solution?

Did you look in /etc/cron.d/? You can search your filesystem for a file called wordpress-staging_example_com (but the real name)

3 Likes

Did you look in /etc/cron.d/?

Of course not, dear man. Because if I had, I would have seen wordpress-staging_example_com, deleted it, and not have bothered you again.

Roots University?