First of all - apologize if this is a rather Bedrock-related question. Here is the thing. I’m a new user of both Sage and Bedrock. In the past I’ve developed many wordpress themes and plugins but usually the oldschool way (based on Underscores / other starter themes / creating from the scratch + without any sophisticated versioning/git etc.). But as many - I wanted to level up in this area.
So what I currently have:
- a website on production server which requires new theme (with all themes/plugins/general configuration done, seo-stuff etc)
- pure html/css/js of the new theme
What I would like to achieve is to:
- get everything from current production wordpress instance and clone it to local/Bedrock
- keep all the necessary settings on local as well
- turn html stuff into Sage app/theme
I’ve went through the official documentation yet I didn’t find anything appropriate. So I assume there are two main steps: importing the production into local and then the theme development. But still I have no clue what’s the best way of not loosing the production settings and placing it into Bedrock.
Thanks for any tips!