Deploy fails : This does not seem to be a WordPress install

Tried to update a box with deploy. Had PHP 7.1 errors. Then I decided to reprovision and then deploy once more. Site still cannot be reached and has error 500s. When I did try to deploy the second time I had this error

Error: This does not seem to be a WordPress install.
Pass --path=`path/to/wordpress` or run `wp core download`.
fatal: [site.nl]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "cmd": ["wp", "core", "is-installed", "--require=/srv/www/site.nl/shared/tmp_multisite_constants.php"], "delta": "0:00:00.218009", "end": "2017-03-22 05:46:32.097653", "failed": true, "failed_when_result": true, "rc": 1, "start": "2017-03-22 05:46:31.879644", "stderr": "Error: This does not seem to be a WordPress install.\nPass --path=`path/to/wordpress` or run `wp core download`.", "stdout": "", "stdout_lines": [], "warnings": []}

And that is not a good thing. I checked and the database is still there so not sure why I am having this issue now. Locally all went well with the updates of plugins and core themes as well. Not sure what is going on here.

Maybe your deploy will work using these steps for remote server

Yes, that helped. Thanks! So this means I will run into an issue on a lot of my setups I guess. All my existing ones I understood. Good to have guys like you around to share solutions. :grinning:

1 Like