I have been scouring the web for all kinds of information and solutions, that I could find about this issue.
I haven’t been able to find any working solutions, and have tried all questionable things that has been suggested across threads and blog posts.
Here’s a checklist of all things that I have tried and how my setup is:
- Can run provisions without problems, no warnings no errors.
- Deployment fine works for staging but fails on production.
- SSH Forwarding is enabled on both the box (
/etc/ssh/sshd_config) and the local machine (
- SSH Agent (and forwarding) is working and running. Can successfully confirm all GitHub’s guides with regards to this.
- Keys are added to the SSH Agent (
ssh-add -K) list shows they are in the agent.
- Keys are added to box’
- I can SSH into the box as both
www-data(web user) with no problem.
- Keys added to GitHub (my own account), and visible from the
- I have full access to the organization and the private repo in GitHub.
- I don’t have any problems pushing, pulling or cloning from/to the private remote GitHub repo, using SSH.
- Deployment has worked before and haven’t changed anything since last deploy,
My SSH config for the problematic host:
Host some.domain HostName xxx.xx.xxx.xx User someuser IdentityFile ~/.ssh/my_key AddKeysToAgent yes UseKeychain yes IdentitiesOnly yes ForwardAgent yes
Extra debug info (
-vvvv) doesn’t show any more information regarding this error, than already shown without verbose logging.
A log can be seen in this gist
- Ansible 18.104.22.168
- Trellis 1.0.2