Dev page cannot be displayed, install of trellis seems ok

based on all the tutorial I followed and the error-free command line prompts, it seems my dev environment in Vagrant should be working. When I type in the dev URL on my local machine, I get a page cannot be displayed error. My dev is running in Virtual Box. Any ideas?

Could you check whether the .dev vs .test issue is the cause?

1 Like

Thank you for the answer, very much. But changing to .test does not fix. It does not open the files locally. I tried to re-provision as well. I need to get to the point of being able to use sage asap but either something is not configured correctly or there is something else wrong. I am thinking of uninstalling everything and starting over, but I am actually not getting any errors, so I don’t know if that is the best idea either. Any ideas?

So, just to be sure, you did:

1. read and performed the local dev setup instructions
  2. edited the IP address in the vagrant.default.yml file (if you run several boxes concurrently)
  3. cd to /trellis folder
  4. vagrant provision
  5. vagrant up

And the page displayed is blank ?

1 Like

I’m not sure if you’re using macOS High SIerra, but one other thing that comes to mind for when things mysteriously don’t work is…

For some reason, I tried a few things and it is now working. Thanks to everyone’s help! I am sure there will be more questions as I get going. Thanks again so very much!

1 Like