Docs for Trellis past the installation?

I’m trying to learn to use Trellis, and I believe I’ve successfully installed it. However, I’m not sure what to do next. The last thing in the docs was basically “run vagrant up”.

Are there additional instructions anywhere? I don’t need much more, but it would be nice to know how exactly I’m supposed to connect to this and use it and stuff. I recall reading about the “vagrant ssh” command somewhere before, which seems to have SSHd me into the VirtualBox server, but still I’m not sure what to do next?

Is Trellis now fully configured and ready to go? I know there’s the Remote Server Setup, but I was hoping to do that later when I’m ready to move to online testing.

Assuming it is fully setup, how do I begin to use it? Are there any specific programs I’m going to need / want? Do I basically just start modifying the files in the Bedrock directory?

I tried searching before posting this, but it’s mostly just problems with the actual install.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is a stupid question.

The Trellis Docs and Example Project are good references to make sure you have everything set up correctly with Trellis, Bedrock, and Sage. If you’ve run vagrant up with everything set up correctly you should be able to access your local dev site through the site_hosts address you chose - it’s example.dev in the Roots Example Project.

Once you’re all set there you might want to run through the Sage Docs to finish setting that up. You’ll probably want to run through the Bedrock Docs too.

2 Likes

Sounds good, thanks for the quick reply!