I can’t recall the specifics but I remember running into problems after having installed Valet and, per the instructions, MySQL via brew. After I had gotten Valet working properly my Vagrant box was no longer working correctly.
If I remember correctly the problem was a port conflict. Larvel and Vagrant were both trying to use 3306 I think.
I do know for sure that what I ended up doing was stopping and removing the MySQL I’d added via brew. I just moved on from Valet.
I was kind of bummed because it seemed really handy.
Keep in mind, this was over a year ago, I’m old and my memory is getting worse, so YMMV.