Error in NPM Install

Downloaded Roots last night for a new project, copied it to the new site’s theme folder, went to the folder in terminal and ran npm install. It produced an error cb() never called! and then trying to run grunt watch (just to see if it would work) produces this error:

Error: Cannot find module 'coffee-script' at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:338:15) at Function.Module._load (module.js:280:25) at Module.require (module.js:364:17) at require (module.js:380:17) at Object.<anonymous> (/Users/cwulff/Documents/Dropbox/Sites/aspenware/wp-content/themes/aspenware/node_modules/grunt/lib/grunt.js:16:1) at Module._compile (module.js:456:26) at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:474:10) at Module.load (module.js:356:32) at Function.Module._load (module.js:312:12) at Module.require (module.js:364:17)

Any thoughts on what’s wrong?

were you def in the right folder? I always check with ‘ls’ just in case… that would be my first test?

Indeed I was, though it’s the kind of mistake I can make.

npm install ran through amdefine and then threw that cb() never called error. Tried it again and it stopped at a different point with the same error.

Try npm cache clean and try again.

That seems to have done it. Many thanks @Foxaii.