Error when compiling: ReferenceError: media is not defined

Hello,

I’ve set up a new theme with Sage 10 via composer create-projeyt roots/sage mytheme dev-master. After that I’m running yarn, set the local dev config in my webpack.mix.js. As a third step I removed jquery and added alpinejs and tailwindforms and and line-clamp.

When I’m compiling the theme now I got the following error:

yarn build:production                                                                                                       ✔  1116  21:01:11
yarn run v1.22.5
$ mix --production
ERROR in ./resources/styles/app.scss
Module build failed (from ./node_modules/mini-css-extract-plugin/dist/loader.js):
ModuleBuildError: Module build failed (from ./node_modules/postcss-loader/dist/cjs.js):
ReferenceError: media is not defined
    at Object.<anonymous> (/path/to/install/web/app/themes/mytheme/tailwind.config.js:10:13)
    at Module._compile (/path/to/install/web/app/themes/mytheme/node_modules/v8-compile-cache/v8-compile-cache.js:192:30)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1097:10)
    at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:941:32)
    at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:782:14)
    at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:965:19)
    at require (/path/to/install/web/app/themes/mytheme/node_modules/v8-compile-cache/v8-compile-cache.js:159:20)
    at /path/to/install/web/app/themes/mytheme/node_modules/tailwindcss/lib/index.js:76:107
    at /path/to/install/web/app/themes/mytheme/node_modules/tailwindcss/lib/processTailwindFeatures.js:52:20
    at LazyResult.runOnRoot (/path/to/install/web/app/themes/mytheme/node_modules/postcss/lib/lazy-result.js:303:16)
    at processResult (/path/to/install/web/app/themes/mytheme/node_modules/webpack/lib/NormalModule.js:598:19)
    at /path/to/install/web/app/themes/mytheme/node_modules/webpack/lib/NormalModule.js:692:5
    at /path/to/install/web/app/themes/mytheme/node_modules/loader-runner/lib/LoaderRunner.js:399:11
    at /path/to/install/web/app/themes/mytheme/node_modules/loader-runner/lib/LoaderRunner.js:251:18
    at context.callback (/path/to/install/web/app/themes/mytheme/node_modules/loader-runner/lib/LoaderRunner.js:124:13)
    at Object.loader (/path/to/install/web/app/themes/mytheme/node_modules/postcss-loader/dist/index.js:104:7)

ERROR in ./resources/styles/editor.scss
Module build failed (from ./node_modules/mini-css-extract-plugin/dist/loader.js):
ModuleBuildError: Module build failed (from ./node_modules/postcss-loader/dist/cjs.js):
ReferenceError: media is not defined
    at Object.<anonymous> (/path/to/install/web/app/themes/mytheme/tailwind.config.js:10:13)
    at Module._compile (/path/to/install/web/app/themes/mytheme/node_modules/v8-compile-cache/v8-compile-cache.js:192:30)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1097:10)
    at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:941:32)
    at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:782:14)
    at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:965:19)
    at require (/path/to/install/web/app/themes/mytheme/node_modules/v8-compile-cache/v8-compile-cache.js:159:20)
    at /path/to/install/web/app/themes/mytheme/node_modules/tailwindcss/lib/index.js:76:107
    at /path/to/install/web/app/themes/mytheme/node_modules/tailwindcss/lib/processTailwindFeatures.js:52:20
    at LazyResult.runOnRoot (/path/to/install/web/app/themes/mytheme/node_modules/postcss/lib/lazy-result.js:303:16)
    at processResult (/path/to/install/web/app/themes/mytheme/node_modules/webpack/lib/NormalModule.js:598:19)
    at /path/to/install/web/app/themes/mytheme/node_modules/webpack/lib/NormalModule.js:692:5
    at /path/to/install/web/app/themes/mytheme/node_modules/loader-runner/lib/LoaderRunner.js:399:11
    at /path/to/install/web/app/themes/mytheme/node_modules/loader-runner/lib/LoaderRunner.js:251:18
    at context.callback (/path/to/install/web/app/themes/mytheme/node_modules/loader-runner/lib/LoaderRunner.js:124:13)
    at Object.loader (/path/to/install/web/app/themes/mytheme/node_modules/postcss-loader/dist/index.js:104:7)

2 ERRORS in child compilations (Use 'stats.children: true' resp. '--stats-children' for more details)
webpack compiled with 4 errors
error Command failed with exit code 1.
info Visit https://yarnpkg.com/en/docs/cli/run for documentation about this command.

What’s going wrong here?

Regards,
Markus

1. Does the newly created sage 10 project build?
  2. What are the exact changes (packages.json; tailwind configuration; styles) you applied on the project, can you push them onto a GitHub repository?

I found the problem… changed the darkMode:false option in the tailwind config to media, but just changed the word, so there were no quotation marks…

This topic was automatically closed after 42 days. New replies are no longer allowed.