Error: write EPIPE (About to Give up)

Trying to get into the Gulp / Bower / Node workflow has been hell on both Windows and Mac. I managed to get it started on my work computer after hours of figuring out errors. Now I spent the whole day on Mac running El Capitan and I’ve gotten nowhere.

There error I’m getting on a fresh install is

events.js:141
      throw er; // Unhandled 'error' event
      ^

Error: write EPIPE
    at Object.exports._errnoException (util.js:874:11)
    at exports._exceptionWithHostPort (util.js:897:20)
    at WriteWrap.afterWrite (net.js:763:14)
Velibors-MacBook-Pro:chhc vel$ 

I know it is due to the minify image nodule, because when I take it out of the gulp file it works, but I think the issue is bigger because somewhere down the line I got this error after trying to install font-awesome and have not been able to figure out why, even after reversing my steps.

SyntaxError: Unexpected token }
    at Object.parse (native)
    at module.exports (/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/sage/wp-content/themes/gulp3/node_modules/asset-builder/lib/readManifest.js:19:15)
    at new module.exports (/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/sage/wp-content/themes/gulp3/node_modules/asset-builder/lib/Manifest.js:28:34)
    at module.exports (/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/sage/wp-content/themes/gulp3/node_modules/asset-builder/index.js:17:10)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/sage/wp-content/themes/gulp3/gulpfile.js:24:40)
    at Module._compile (module.js:435:26)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:442:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:356:32)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:311:12)
    at Module.require (module.js:366:17)
    at require (module.js:385:17)

Really trying to give sage a chance but I think old school methods might be for me.

Pasting your error message without explaining what you’ve tried so far to attempt fixing your problem isn’t very helpful.

Fix your machine — you’ll be glad you got it working :wink:

That second error message is probably an issue with your manifest.json. Did you modify it?

1 Like

@austin looks right

You don’t need to touch manifest.json in order to install Font Awesome FWIW. You can search these forums for discussion about Font Awesome and Sage.

Not sure what I did the first time, but I did a fresh install and cant compile because of

Error: write EPIPE
at Object.exports._errnoException (util.js:874:11)
at exports._exceptionWithHostPort (util.js:897:20)
at WriteWrap.afterWrite (net.js:763:14)
Velibors-MacBook-Pro:chhc vel$

the problem is due to this line

gulp.task('images', function() {
  return gulp.src(globs.images)
    .pipe(imagemin({
      progressive: true,
      interlaced: true,
      svgoPlugins: [{removeUnknownsAndDefaults: false}, {cleanupIDs: false}]
    }))
    .pipe(gulp.dest(path.dist + 'images'))
    .pipe(browserSync.stream());
});

but I’m not sure what I delete to “fix” it as it really just skipped the part of the compliling process

I Googled your error message and came across this: https://github.com/aheckmann/gm/issues/209#issuecomment-129344396