Fresh trellis install - error on vagrant up

Hi @conrad, @strarsis,

I just tested this again and I am still getting errors on a fresh clone of trellis.

Steps taken today ->

1. Created a new directory example.com and ran git clone --depth=1 git@github.com:roots/trellis.git && rm -rf trellis/.git and composer create-project roots/bedrock site. I got the warning below when running the bedrock install, but it installed anyway:

Warning from https://repo.packagist.org: You are using an outdated version of Composer. Composer 2.0 is now available and you should upgrade. See https://getcomposer.org/2

1. So next I ran rm -rf site to remove that bedrock version

2. I have composer installed globally so I ran cd ~ to go home and ran composer -v which confirmed Im; running Composer version 1.9.2

3. I updated this by running composer selfupdate which confirmed Updating to version 2.0.6 (stable channel). and additionally confirmed Composer version 2.0.6 2020-11-07 11:21:17 when I ran composer -v again

4. so I cd back to my fresh install location and run composer create-project roots/bedrock site again. Success, no warnings.

5. so I cd trellis and vagrant up. It errors part way through installation with the same error that I had yesterday:

TASK [common : Validate Ubuntu version] ****************************************
    System info:
    Ansible 2.7.12; Vagrant 2.2.5; Darwin
    Trellis version (per changelog): “Officially support Ubuntu 20.04”

The conditional check ‘ansible_distribution_version is version(‘18.04’, ‘<’)’
    failed. The error was: Version comparison: ‘ansible_distribution_version’ is
    undefined

The error appears to have been in ‘/Users/designlobby/Sites/+trellis/example.
    com/trellis/roles/common/tasks/main.yml’: line 67, column 3, but may
    be elsewhere in the file depending on the exact syntax problem.

The offending line appears to be:

• name: Validate Ubuntu version
      ^ here

fatal: [default]: FAILED! => {}
    to retry, use: --limit @/Users/designlobby/Sites/+trellis/example.com/trellis/dev.retry

PLAY RECAP *********************************************************************
    default : ok=3 changed=0 unreachable=0 failed=1

Ansible failed to complete successfully. Any error output should be
    visible above. Please fix these errors and try again.

@strarsis, yes even on a new clone unfortunately. I did several tests throught he day and had to eventually backdate and lock composer to a 1 version on Trellis 1.5 per another discussion on the forum.

For 1.7 I was on ansible 2.8.4 and latest Vagrant version 2.2.13. I did some of the common suggested remedies such as not having the folder in the home directory, adding nsfd to the files and folders privacy settings, etc.

Eventually the only thing that worked was reverting to version 1.5. There seems to be a binds issue somewhere along the way as I doubt it is related to composer 2. I noticed that on 1.5 the vagrant binds command ran at vagrant up, but doesn’t seem to do that on 1.7 so maybe there is something happening with how things are assumed to be mounting in 1.7 vs. previous versions.

This topic was automatically closed after 42 days. New replies are no longer allowed.