Getting Started with Bedrock?

I think I’ve got a basic handle on Sage and now I’m looking to get setup with Bedrock.

I don’t have a lot of server admin experience but have seen some people recommend Digital Ocean as opposed to Shared Hosting. I am wondering if something like Larvel Forge would be useful in conjunction with Bedrock?

What’s the best way to get started down the path? Looking at the Bedrock Quick Start is a bit over my head and seems to be starting further along into the process.

Thanks,

Laravel Forge works with Bedrock. @ben used it for a site so maybe he can give some details.

We’re always trying to improve our docs so is there any specific parts that you don’t quite understand?

Forge is a good choice to get a DO droplet up quickly. It’s a very easy GUI to use as well. Bedrock-ansible does have the ability to provision servers for you now as well, but if you’re looking for something easier to use and don’t mind the monthly or yearly payment, Forge is a pretty solid choice.

I think where I am getting confused is the in-between processes. I’ve watched the videos and read through the guides but still am a little confused about how to get things setup. All the information is very segmented, which is good in a lot of ways. But it would be great if there was a video or guide that took you through a typical install process, setting up local/production environments and source control / deploying changes.

3 Likes