Grunt with Bedrock-ansible?

Node + Grunt isn’t included in bedrock-ansible.
Is there a particular reason and/or recommended way to do so?

These two .yml files have gotten me to the point where npm install within the theme starts.

The npm install is generating an error atm, but not sure if it is due to a firewall / vpn issue or Roots specific.

vagrant@localhost:/srv/www/intranet.dev/current/web/app/themes/roots$ npm install

> roots@7.0.0 postinstall /srv/www/intranet.dev/current/web/app/themes/roots
> bower install

bower modernizr#2.8.2       not-cached git://github.com/Modernizr/Modernizr.git#2.8.2
bower modernizr#2.8.2          resolve git://github.com/Modernizr/Modernizr.git#2.8.2
bower jquery#1.11.1         not-cached git://github.com/jquery/jquery.git#1.11.1
bower jquery#1.11.1            resolve git://github.com/jquery/jquery.git#1.11.1
bower bootstrap#3.2.0       not-cached git://github.com/twbs/bootstrap.git#3.2.0
bower bootstrap#3.2.0          resolve git://github.com/twbs/bootstrap.git#3.2.0
bower respond#1.4.2         not-cached git://github.com/scottjehl/Respond.git#1.4.2
bower respond#1.4.2            resolve git://github.com/scottjehl/Respond.git#1.4.2
bower respond#1.4.2            ECMDERR Failed to execute "git ls-remote --tags --heads git://github.com/scottjehl/Respond.git", exit code of #128

Additional error details:
warning: expected SRV RR, found RR type 1
fatal: unable to connect to github.com:
github.com[0: 192.30.252.131]: errno=Connection timed out
github.com[1: 192.30.252.131]: errno=Connection timed out
-
npm ERR! roots@7.0.0 postinstall: `bower install`
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the roots@7.0.0 postinstall script.
npm ERR! This is most likely a problem with the roots package,
npm ERR! not with npm itself.
npm ERR! Tell the author that this fails on your system:
npm ERR!     bower install
npm ERR! You can get their info via:
npm ERR!     npm owner ls roots
npm ERR! There is likely additional logging output above.
npm ERR! System Linux 3.13.0-29-generic
npm ERR! command "/usr/bin/node" "/usr/bin/npm" "install"
npm ERR! cwd /srv/www/intranet.dev/current/web/app/themes/roots
npm ERR! node -v v0.10.29
npm ERR! npm -v 1.4.14
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Additional logging details can be found in:
npm ERR!     /srv/www/intranet.dev/current/web/app/themes/roots/npm-debug.log
npm ERR! not ok code 0

You can try running that command manually. If it doesn’t work then I’d look into that first.

Weird. Discourse kept giving me an internal 500 error anytime I try to reply to this post.
I’ve tried signing out and back in, clearing cache, etc. Only after I gave up trying to reply, and put the resolution as edit to original and abandoned my previous draft, was I able to put this reply in.