Has anyone tried Trellis on MacOS Ventura yet?

I’m considering upgrading to the Ventura beta however usually new MacOS breaks Trellis… appreciate if anyone has experience to share.

Thanks
Kris

Also curious about this — has anybody had any luck updating macOS to Ventura and not facing any issues with their environments? Thank you!

I upgraded my machine to Ventura almost immediately— no issues with my Trellis or Lando sites :+1:

3 Likes

Really? What version of trellis, vagrant & virtualbox do you have?
It doesn’t work as expected on my side, I’m getting:

There was an error while executing `VBoxManage`, a CLI used by Vagrant
for controlling VirtualBox. The command and stderr is shown below.

Command: ["hostonlyif", "create"]

Stderr: 0%...
Progress state: NS_ERROR_FAILURE
VBoxManage: error: Failed to create the host-only adapter
VBoxManage: error: VBoxNetAdpCtl: Error while adding new interface: failed to open /dev/vboxnetctl: No such file or directory
VBoxManage: error: Details: code NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005), component HostNetworkInterfaceWrap, interface IHostNetworkInterface
VBoxManage: error: Context: "RTEXITCODE handleCreate(HandlerArg *)" at line 95 of file VBoxManageHostonly.cpp

exit status 1

@olasfar I had the same issues. There is a several fixes over the Internet, but none was working for me.

I have finally did a decision to move into Parallels, and everything works fine there.

Just one thing if you decide to do it, you will loose DB from current VirtualBox projects, so what I did was login to those machines and export DB manually before I have deleted them :slight_smile:

If you are on M1/M2 then you need to change image.
https://parallels.github.io/vagrant-parallels/docs/usage.html

3 Likes

Thanks a lot @lukasz-gorski, it works like a charm :wink:

I had the same issue as @olasfar and solved it simply by updating VirtualBox manually.