How to upload (deploy) my site built with bedrock?

This is my first time to use bedrock.
in case after i finish the website,
How to upload (deploy) my site built with bedrock ? is that like normally, just upload all files inside bedrock to hosting ?

Thanks

You only need to upload the config, vendor & web folder and change your variables in your .env file.
You could manually upload your changed themes file with FTP everytime you’re done editing, but you could also automate this with Gulp. See: Run task only on gulp --production

Thanks for replay.

Could u please explain me, how ideally to use these AWESOME products(SAGE,BEDROCK,TRELLIS) of roots ?
combine together or how ?

According ur answer, if i just use BEDROCK , that’s like dev way as usual (just diff on folder structure).

Thanks

Hi yoganhoho, I used Bedrock without Capistrano in a bunch of projects for file structure with composer for plugin management. Deployment was done with grunt-wordpress-deploy (a dead simple rsync and ssh db push/pull grunt plugin).

This setup works, but I think somehow it is outdated. I also try to move from MAMP to nginx. (+ DigitalOcean as hosting). A clean WordPress vanilla install is no problem, but Bedrock and nginx don’t like each other.

Scott, is it time to move to capistrano deployment/trellis? Two years ago I tried, but got stuck in errors I couldn’t isolate. Thanks for reply.

I tried to combine together according this https://github.com/roots/roots-example-project.com.
The folder structure was complete and now try to configure the individual component BUT stuck on Trellis section . How i install the ansible on Windows ? so I can call this command

$ cd ansible && ansible-galaxy install -r requirements.yml

Thanks for advance

You don’t have to do that, skip to vagrant up, Ansible will be installed on the VM and provision itself if you’re on Windows

Hi kalenjohnson, thanks for reponse
I tried with vagrant up , box already installed & configure, BUT I catch this error

$ vagrant up
Bringing machine 'default' up with 'virtualbox' provider...
==> default: Checking if box 'ubuntu/trusty64' is up to date...
==> default: VirtualBox VM is already running.
==> default: Checking for host entries
==> default: adding to (C:/Windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts) : 192.168.50.5  e
xample.dev  # VAGRANT: e5b15eaa75ed3a2433e7285f6ee27a26 (default) / d0c5255b-e7e
2-4117-8751-1e95cb99ff59
==> default: adding to (C:/Windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts) : 192.168.50.5  w
ww.example.dev  # VAGRANT: e5b15eaa75ed3a2433e7285f6ee27a26 (default) / d0c5255b
-e7e2-4117-8751-1e95cb99ff59
C:/Users/Suprapta.Yogantara.AU/.vagrant.d/gems/gems/vagrant-hostsupdater-0.0.11/
lib/vagrant-hostsupdater/HostsUpdater.rb:82:in `initialize': Permission denied -
 C:/Windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts (Errno::EACCES)
        from C:/Users/Suprapta.Yogantara.AU/.vagrant.d/gems/gems/vagrant-hostsup
dater-0.0.11/lib/vagrant-hostsupdater/HostsUpdater.rb:82:in `open'
dater-0.0.11/lib/vagrant-hostsupdater/HostsUpdater.rb:82:in `addToHosts'
dater-0.0.11/lib/vagrant-hostsupdater/HostsUpdater.rb:42:in `addHostEntries'
dater-0.0.11/lib/vagrant-hostsupdater/Action/UpdateHosts.rb:18:in `call'
        from c:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-1.7.2/lib/vagrant/a
ction/warden.rb:34:in `call'
ction/warden.rb:95:in `block in finalize_action'
        from c:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-1.7.2/plugins/provi
ders/virtualbox/action/message_already_running.rb:11:in `call'
ction/builder.rb:116:in `call'
ction/runner.rb:66:in `block in run'
        from c:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-1.7.2/lib/vagrant/u
til/busy.rb:19:in `busy'
ction/runner.rb:66:in `run'
ction/builtin/call.rb:53:in `call'
ction/builtin/box_check_outdated.rb:68:in `call'
ction/builtin/config_validate.rb:25:in `call'
ders/virtualbox/action/check_virtualbox.rb:17:in `call'
ction/builtin/config_validate.rb:25:in `call'
ders/virtualbox/action/check_virtualbox.rb:17:in `call'
        from c:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-1.7.2/lib/vagrant/m
achine.rb:214:in `action_raw'
achine.rb:191:in `block in action'
        from c:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-1.7.2/lib/vagrant/e
nvironment.rb:516:in `lock'
achine.rb:178:in `call'
achine.rb:178:in `action'
        from c:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-1.7.2/lib/vagrant/b
atch_action.rb:82:in `block (2 levels) in run'

something problem on vagrant-hostsupdater.

Hi ,
just change the permmision of host file and vagrant up was success now.
After that, do I need run this command ?

$ cd ansible && ansible-galaxy install -r requirements.yml

if yes , where should I call the command ?

Windows notes are here: https://roots.io/trellis/docs/windows/

Hello again,

still following docs here GitHub - roots/roots-example-project.com: Example Roots stack project (Trellis, Bedrock, Sage),
In Sage/Theme section i tried this

Add Soil: $ cd /srv/www/example.com/current && composer require roots/soil
The error message tell me “composer not found” . Why composer not inside there ?

Can u tell me , maybe i miss any step ?

Thanks

Hello ,
any suggestion ?

Thanks for advance

Did you install composer?

Thanks for replay Twansparant,
Yes already on my windows.
Do i need install on vagrant also ?
If yes,how to do it ?

Thanks