I am planning to host a sage website on Wpengine. I've done it before but without Trellis and Bedrock. Is it worth using Trellis and Bedrock or am I good just using Sage's theme?

So I have one website currently hosted on Wpengine, I did the website locally (Using MAMP and LOCAL) and then migrated it over to Wpengine and it has worked fine. I’ve never really created a website using Trellis or Bedrock, I kind of want to learn those environments too, but I don’t know I should bother if I am eventually hosting a website on Wpengine. I feel like I am probably going to complicate things a lot more.

Thoughts?

Give Trellis a shot! If you don’t like Trellis but still want to use Bedrock, you can always (and should always) automate the deploying of the theme based on the requirements for the theme and the host.

But wouldn’t Bedrock throw off Wpengine a little bit since it changes how the folder structure looks like? Also I read the article and it seems that the article was talking about Sage 9 and not Sage 10. Would you recommend sticking with 9?

I wouldn’t recommend using WP Engine at all lol

is it because of its lack of compatibility with Sage, or because of how their system work?