Install multiple version of PHP

Hi guys,

So, my question is. if there is any proper way to change the YML configs in the trellis, to install multiple version of PHP while vagrant up? as I have seen in another thread it mentioned to stop the 7.2 service and start 7.1: service php7.1-fpm start but it seems in the last version of trellis is not working.

There’s only one version of PHP installed by default. What you read was probably for existing users who already had 7.1 installed and then Trellis updated to 7.2 (for example).

Right now 7.2 is the default so everything we install explicitly uses php7.2- package prefix. You could install another version by editing the php role to install all of the packages with another version prefix like php7.1 or php7.3. But you’re mostly on your own for that since we haven’t included that functionality.

Why do you want two versions installed?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply,

I have an existing template which is made by Sage. Trying to create a development flow with trellis and bedrock for the project. I had some errors in the post pages the only thing that calls my attention was the PHP version, now I see it wasn’t the issue. So basically i was looking for a way two install 2 version and then switch between them.

When I install the Wordpress and theme in the old way (MAMP) on my local I see everything include posts type, etc are correct but when I move the Theme to app/theme folder and import the database with wp db import they all disappear, can it be because of Wordpress core codes?

Ok, found out the issue. I forgot to copy mu-plugin folder from old theme and now it is working correctly.

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 42 days. New replies are no longer allowed.