Installing Bedrock via composer, receiving error: [ErrorException] include (/vendor/roots/wordpress-core-installer/src/WordPressCorePlugin.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

I ran into this problem trying to use Bedrock on Vagrant (using Homestead).

After running composer create-project roots/bedrock I’d receive an error similar to:

[ErrorException]
include (/vendor/roots/wordpress-core-installer/src/WordPressCorePlugin.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

The only post I could find relating to it was this one, where the solution was basically “using something that isn’t vagrant”: Bedrock composer issue (WordPressCorePlugin.php : No such file)

I found this somewhat unsatisfactory so thought I would post this for anyone else who spent hours digging through vagrant trying to fix the problem…

So here it is: update Vagrant and Homestead. After installing vagrant from 2.2.4 to 2.2.6, and Homestead from 8.2.0 to 9.1.0, I can now install Bedrock as intended.

Apologies for the longwinded post, but I thought this would be useful to anyone else attempting to Google the same issue and only finding the “don’t use Vagrant” explanation.

I’m running Homestead on Windows 10 on top of Vagrant and Virtual Box, for the record.

So to re-iterate:

1. Update Vagrant.
  2. Update Homestead.
  3. Run composer create-project roots/bedrock again (from vagrant ssh).
  4. Great success!
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 42 days. New replies are no longer allowed.