I maintain multiple Bedrock-based WordPress websites. Some of these require premium plugins, but the update process is very cumbersome in my opinion.
For 10+ premium plugins, I need to:
- Pull my private repository
- Visit the premium plugin website & download the new version
- Replace the old source code in my repo
- Add all new files & commit the changes
- Push my changes
- Tag the release
Is there any way to make this process less time-consuming? I am thinking about two possible solutions:
- Private website with all premium plugins
- Set up a new, private website and install all my premium plugins
- Enable automatic updates
- Periodically run a script that copies plugin code to my repository and automatically tags a new release if there are changes
- Create a bash script that performs all the steps (1-6). I have done some research, and the only problem would be the expiration date of download links. I am able to download extentions from WooCommerce, but I need to provide a cookie, which expires in 14 days, so I would need to manually refresh that cookie every 2 weeks.