London meetup?

Ha, you were doing pretty well when I left you guys at the pub.

Fine with me!

Iā€™m going to put out an email asking everyone who attended to give a name and their Discourse username so we can match things up because a couple arenā€™t obvious.

Letā€™s just say the drinks got serious once we hit The Nightjar!

1 Like

Huge thank you to @nathobson for being an excellent host and having us all round, I thought the night was great and would definitely come to another :smile:

1 Like

Yā€™all - that really was fun! @nathobson sent me some awesome pics. I think this oneā€™s the best, even though it doesnā€™t have him it :frowning:

(thanks to Nat for the picture as well :wink: )

3 Likes

Hi everyone - yes that was indeed a fun night, though I think Iā€™m going to lay off the cocktails for a bit!! (I am Chris, in the blue jumper in the picture)

1 Like

Looks like all had a good time, still a bit gutted I missed it (although snowboarding in Switzerland for a week eased the pain!) If thereā€™s ever an opportunity for another London meetup Iā€™m definitely game.

1 Like

Hey @nathobson (and everyone else!) - hope youā€™re well?

Should we start talking about the next Roots meetup? We could put some dates out there over the next 2-3 weeks and see what suits?

Hey. Sorry for the slow reply. Iā€™m definitely up for it.

Anyone else up for another or a first time if you missed the last one?

Really need to get a mailing list together, let me work on that!

yes, Iā€™d be up for another meet. maybe we can structure it a little around a project presentation or something, though also up for a social!

Probably wonā€™t be able to come to this one but it would be nice if you would be able to make a video/screencast with sound for others that canā€™t come :wink:

Yeah, definitely. I do like the idea of some micro-presentations too.

Sounds like a great idea to me :slightly_smiling:

Hey @nathobson - anything I can do to help set up the next meet? :slightly_smiling:

Apologies, not had a lot of time to put this together. Definitely interesting in doing so though.

I think a new thread at some point soon with some proposed dates would be a good start. Also, happy to have meetup #2 at the CKD studio again but also open to any alternative suggestions :slightly_smiling:

Ha, no worries, I know how it is! Hope all is going well!

Your studio was a nice space, so that would be cool imo, otherwise if thereā€™s too many peeps to squeeze in there, Iā€™m sure thereā€™s 1 or 2 bars nearby that would suit :slightly_smiling:

Perhaps if we get a feel for numbers we can decide then?

Iā€™d be very keen to join since I missed last time. Wednesdays are usually bad for me though, so Iā€™d vote for any other day if such a thing was up to voting.

Iā€™ve had luck using Doodle to find the best date for a meetup before

Thanks for the replies guys. Iā€™ll get a new thread started today or tomorrow.

Date is definitely up for discussion :slightly_smiling:

Doodle is so simple, but so cleverā€¦ I only found out about it recently!

Is there another London pĢ¶iĢ¶sĢ¶sĢ¶uĢ¶pĢ¶ meet up in the planning?

Iā€™d also be interested also to see whoā€™s up for Sage based theme building from visuals/wireframesā€¦ Within London and reasonable travel distance being most ideal.

@doug @nathobson shall we make this happen? you can pm me and we can sort out the details?