Hi Roots developers!
Epicenter is a podcast which explores the blockchain and cryptocurrency industry. Our website is at Epicenter.tv
As we prepare for a rebrand and website update, we’re looking for a reliable and professional developer who can implement improvements and new features to the website, and take ownership of devops.
As Lead Developer at Epicenter, you will be responsible for our website and other web-based properties. Your role will consist in working with the product team to build and implement new features, as well as propose and implement performance and security improvements to the application.
- Complete ownership of Wordpress application
- Optimize application for efficient performance, scale and security
- Collaborate with the design team to improve the product quality
- Update to the latest Wordpress plugins, libraries and frameworks
- Document and maintain your code
- You are passionate about your work, and delivering quality code
- You are driven by a desire to improve yourself constantly
- You are independent, entrepreneurial, and are comfortable with remote work
- 4+ year of development experience
- 2+ years of development of custom-based WordPress sites.
- Experience with the Roots suite (Trellis, Bedrock, Sage)
- Experience with DevOps (managing multiple development environments, database backups, etc.)
- Proficient understanding of web markup, HTML5 & CSS3
- Create plug-ins/widgets that match with WordPress standard.
- Proficiency in customizing, developing, and integrating WordPress themes
- Strong in plug-in conflict troubleshooting
- Experience working with APIs, either integrating third-party APIs or creating your own wherever required
- Familiarity with SEO techniques
- Experience with Git and shell scripting
- Experience in resolving cross-browser compatibility issues
Location: Position is remote
Hours: Position is part time
Please send your CV, portfolio and LinkedIn profile to sebastien [at] epicenter.tv.
Looking forward to your applications!