Main.min.css not loaded

I’ve just uploaded all my files to the staging environment and installed the WordPress database and activated my custom Roots based theme. It seems the main.min.css isn’t loaded so my lay-out isn’t working at all. When I FTP I see the files but when I try to browse to it I get a 404 error.

Please post a link to your staging environment along with the contents of your .htaccess file (if you’re on Apache).

Staging is at wp.princealbertolives.co.za
My .htaccess:
# BEGIN WordPress

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]

# END WordPress

I’ve uploaded the standard Roots theme, after running Grunt on it and when I activate that I’ve got the same problem: main.min.css isn’t loaded.

wp-config.php has define('WP_ENV', 'development'); in it.

I’m kinda stuck here, don’t see what is the problem or how to proceed…

Your remote/staging wp-config.php should not set the WP_ENV constant (but it looks like it isn’t anyway).

Please flush your permalinks and let me know if that solves it.

Also please disable any plugins you have installed.

Thanks cfx for the offered help, but flushing the permalinks or disabling all installed plugins didn’t help.

Are you sure you see the files when you FTP? Maybe it’s a file permissions issue on your server

Yes make sure that the files have permissions 0644 and directories are 0755.

Folder permissions were 700, changed them too 755 and now it works.

Thanks guys!

Not sure how I messed up the folder permissions, all folders in my theme were set to 700. I uploaded a tar.gz ball and assumed the folder permissions were the same as on my dev environment.

i have same issue after moving to webhost main.css not loading. i have permission to 755 and 644.
also there is

html {
margin-top: 32px !important;
}

somewhere in (index). really strange

What do you mean by “not loading”? Is there a 404 error in your console?

If you recently migrated your site then try flushing your permalinks.

please check here. i flashed permalinks and its same. http://doctorreview.getfreewebsite.org/

Your site looks fine to me. Why not use minified assets though?

ok. my fault. when i am logged in i get html{margin-top: 35px ! important} and admin bar wont show.