Ninja forms not working with Roots 7?

I can’t click in any fields, or click the save button.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I know it’s Roots because if I switch over to twentyfourteen, the form works properly.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

You’ll need to check your console for errors.

For what it’s worth, I’ve quickly installed Ninja forms on a stock Roots/Bedrock install and it seems to be working as intended.

Yeah, i actually installed two different versions of Roots 7, and it’s not conflicting with Ninja Forms. I’ve barely done any javascript in this project through. The only other thing I can think is Root Relative Routing, or something to that affect.

So, this is a parent/child theme configuration.

if I disable this line, wp_enqueue_style(‘roots_css’, get_template_directory_uri() . $assets[‘css’], false, null);

I can click into the form, and do what i needed to do. If I enable it back, I can’t click onto any fields.

So, i did a little checking, and found the culprit in the _general.less file:

// Main content area
.main {
.make-sm-column(@main-sm-columns);
.sidebar-primary & {
.make-sm-column(@main-sm-columns - @sidebar-sm-columns);
}
}

If I disable that, it breaks my template, but I can still type into the forms. As this part of the based roots install, I have not done anything to it.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Well, that was fun debugging!

Basically, it was up to a z-index issue with a sidebar and dropdown menu issue. I had to go through several commits to figure out where it was, and then it was just process of elimination.

Thanks for watching!