"No files matching the pattern" then "Module build failed" errors for new user

Hello,

I’m a new user trying out Sage.

I first ran into the No files matching the pattern "/Volumes/…/resources/assets/**/*.s?(c|a)ss" were found error. Searching the forum, the fix for that is to comment out these lines from webpack.config.js:

// new StyleLintPlugin({
//   failOnError: !config.enabled.watcher,
//   syntax: 'scss',
// }),

But once I did that, I get the error Module build failed: ModuleBuildError: Module build failed: ValidationError: Invalid options object. PostCSS Loader has been initialized using an options object that does not match the API schema.

This is a fresh install, nothing special. Any ideas are appreciated!

— Charles

Are you using Sage 9 or Sage 10 (dev-master)?
If you use Sage 9, please try the Sage 9.x update branch:

1 Like

Are you using Sage 9 or Sage 10 (dev-master)?

I’m just doing composer create-project roots/sage [theme name], which appears to be installing 9.0.10.

If you use Sage 9, please try the Sage 9.x update branch:

Okay, cool. So install using this command, as referenced in the post you linked to?

composer create-project roots/sage your-theme-name dev-webpack5 --repository='{"type":"vcs","url":"https://github.com/strarsis/sage"}'

— Charles

Yes, this is the easiest way to install the update branch of the Sage 9.x theme.

1 Like

Thanks, @strarsis! :raised_hands: That appears to have solved it—I was able to install and build. You’re a champion!

This topic was automatically closed after 42 days. New replies are no longer allowed.