No tty present and no askpass program specified

I am deploying to staging and all works well until…

TASK [deploy : Reload php-fpm] **********************************************************************************************************************
System info:
  Ansible 2.6.1; Darwin
  Trellis 1.0.0: December 27th, 2018
---------------------------------------------------
non-zero return code
sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified
fatal: [staging.orefullmineraltextures.com]: FAILED! => {"changed": true, "cmd": "sudo service php7.3-fpm reload", "delta": "0:00:00.010496", "end":
"2019-01-08 02:38:59.682538", "rc": 1, "start": "2019-01-08 02:38:59.672042", "stderr_lines": ["sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified
"], "stdout": "", "stdout_lines": []}

I can ssh to the server as either admin_user (anita) or 'web_user` (web) without needing to use a password.

I’m not sure what to do next… I guess I should see if staging has uploaded the changes from the repo.

Not really sure what’s going on here, and it’s hard to say without more insight into what changes you’ve made to your Trellis installation

Did you make changes that would require a re-provision and maybe you skipped doing that?

I have messed around with PHP7.2 and 7.3.

I’ve reprovisioned and redeployed, and in the end I had to add the web_user to the sudo group.

As this is a real server (we had a spare lying around the house, apparently) I can’t remove everything, so perhaps the user security was a hangover from a previous run.

thanks for your help,

Anita

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 42 days. New replies are no longer allowed.