Hey everyone, we’re hoping to find a PHP developer to join our agency on a part-time basis. We’re building some really fun WordPress applications that primarily leverage Themosis, and occasionally portions of the Roots stack. This job would also involve evolving some 100% custom PHP applications. Below is the official job posting:
Storyware is seeking a PHP web developer ready to work on the next generation of digital experiences for some of the world’s greatest brands. We are seeking someone with strong back-end PHP experience, who can also dive into front-end work if necessary. The person in this role will work to evolve advanced PHP applications built on both WordPress and custom frameworks. Experience with API integrations and OOP are a must.
- Build and maintain custom Web Applications on built WordPress and custom PHP frameworks.
- Interact with Web Services and develop API integrations.
- Understand project requirements and collaborate with our development team and stakeholders to deliver the perfect solution for our clients.
- Write clean code and provide documentation when appropriate.
- Develop, and deploy web based solutions using common standards and frameworks
- Work independently and with other team members.
- Meet deadlines and produce quality work.
- 3-5 years of experience in Web and Application development.
- Experience interfacing with REST/SOAP APIs
- Familiarity with PHP 5+, and modern libraries such as Laravel
- Proficiency with database design and working with MySQL databases
- Strong understanding of OOP
- Ability to clearly communicate your technical ideas, concepts, and solutions to team members with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to occasionally communicate with clients.
- Provide code samples or project examples demonstrating recent work and capabilities.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of Git and version control.
- Familiarity with CSS pre-processors (SCSS/SASS, Compass, Less).
- Familiarity with building WordPress applications using Themosis or Timber
- Familiarity with LAMP stack development.
- Familiarity with Vagrant.
- Experience developing WordPress themes and /or plugins.
- Experience developing Laravel applications.
- Active GitHub account and contributions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or an equivalent concentration.
This is a contract position requiring 40-80 hours a month, with the potential for full-time employment at a later date. You may work remotely, but the ideal candidate would be near Charlottesville, Virginia. Compensation is based on candidate experience.
To apply or learn more, please view the posting on our website: https://storyware.us/careers/php-web-developer/