Php7.0fpm start failed on build

There seems to be some underlying issue, as more people report similar errors, however they differ a bit.

==> default: TASK [php : Start php7.0-fpm service] ******************************************
==> default: System info:
==> default:   Ansible 2.0.2.0; Vagrant 1.8.6; Linux
==> default:   Trellis at "Enable per-site setup for permalink structure"
==> default: ---------------------------------------------------
==> default: Job for php7.0-fpm.service failed because the control process exited with
==> default: error code. See "systemctl status php7.0-fpm.service" and "journalctl -xe"
==> default: for details.
==> default:
==> default: fatal: [192.168.50.5]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "failed": true}
==> default:
==> default: NO MORE HOSTS LEFT *************************************************************
==> default:    to retry, use: --limit @dev.retry
==> default:
==> default: PLAY RECAP *********************************************************************
==> default: 192.168.50.5               : ok=43   changed=1    unreachable=0    failed=1

inside Vagrant

vagrant@somehost:~$ service php7.0-fpm restart
Failed to restart php7.0-fpm.service: The name org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1 was not provided by any .service files
See system logs and 'systemctl status php7.0-fpm.service' for details.
  • tried provisioning many times, i always get stuck on starting php service.
  • /srv/www/ does exist
  • using windows + virtualbox

any ideas?

After another vagrant destroy, and virtualbox upgrade 5.0.somthing to 5.1 i got different errors related to virtualbox and the network interface - solved by disabling the virtualbox virtual adapter

and now vagrant ups as expected

2 Likes

I’m trying to provision a new production droplet.

I keep seeing the following error. I’ve tried rebuilding the droplet twice so far.

TASK [php : Start php7.0-fpm service] ******************************************
System info:
Ansible 2.0.2.0; Linux
Trellis at "Enable per-site setup for permalink structure"
---------------------------------------------------
Job for php7.0-fpm.service failed because the control process exited with
error code. See "systemctl status php7.0-fpm.service" and "journalctl -xe"
for details.

fatal: [test.org.uk]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "failed": true}

I have the latest version of trellis and the droplet has been updated. Any ideas?

So I tried using the Ubuntu 14.04.5 image to rebuild the droplet and now the error has gone away.