I am curious on how others are handling the usage of premium plugins and composer.
Currently I am making use of Toran Proxy. Everytime a client needs to use a new premium plugin or a premium plugin has an updated version, I do the following:
- Downloading the premium plugin/theme
- Unzip the premium plugin/theme
- Adding a composer file, so composer can recognize it
- Putting it under version control (Gitlab)
- Applying the right git tag to that version
- Making sure the new update is cached by Toran Proxy
I am wondering if I can reduce the amount of steps taken to make my premium content available for composer. For example, is it possible to just ‘feed’ the zip-file to toran proxy, rather than putting it into version control? I am curious on how you guys handle this situation.