Problem With Plugin Permalinks After Production Deploy

Hey guys,

I am trying to solve an odd problem that I can’t seem to figure out the “why” for yet. This is my first project with Bedrock/Trellis, not using Sage theme however. I am using the vagrant dev environment and have my site working great there, plugins and URLs all working perfectly.

I used trellis deploy playbook to production, then sync’d my databases using WP Sync DB plugin, and then syn’c my uploads from local using the upload playbook I found on the forums here. Everything was successful, no errors, and everything appears to be working great. That was until I checked some of my links, mainly for plugins it seems.

Example: I am using the popular Tribe Events Calendar plugin. I have a menu item ‘Events’ that is setup to point to the custom link “/events/”. In the Tribe Events Calendar settings page, I have the main events page URL set to ‘events’. Clicking the Events link on my local box brings me to the correct page, however when I click it on production, I am getting a 404. This was the first deploy of this plugin to production, and everything else about the plugin was sync’d successfully, including settings and the custom post entries and taxonomies.

I also noticed that this seems to be happening with another plugin’s URL settings. Has anybody run into a similar issue? Could this be due to an nginx/apache .htaccess thing? I cannot think of anything else that it could be being that all files including uploads, and even the database were synchronized.

Any help much appreciated, thanks!

-Nick-

1. Did you regenerate permalinks on production?
  2. Can your access your events page in other ways? Or does it only 404 when clicking that menu link?
1 Like

Hey Alwaysblank

Thanks for the response.

No, I did not regenerate permalinks on production. I actually did not realize that was even a thing :joy:

But after some 30s Googling, found out what it is, how to do so, and everything appears to be back to normal now. A little frustrating because naturally I visited the Permalinks page while investigating this error, I just did not click ‘Save’. No biggie, all is well now!

Nice little guide if anyone else comes across this post: https://typerocket.com/flushing-permalinks-in-wordpress/

Much appreciated, sorry for the newb question, longtime CodeIgniter/Laravel dev, still learning WP. :stuck_out_tongue: