Roots Discourse

Sage 9: Fatal error

Hi,

I got this error message and can’t really understand it. Thankful for all replies.

Fatal error : Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: View [layouts.app] not found. in C:\xampp\htdocs\seoka-bulsag\wp-content\themes\seoka\vendor\illuminate\view\FileViewFinder.php:137 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\seoka-bulsag\wp-content\themes\seoka\vendor\illuminate\view\FileViewFinder.php(79): Illuminate\View\FileViewFinder->findInPaths(‘layouts.app’, Array) #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\seoka-bulsag\wp-content\themes\seoka\vendor\illuminate\view\Factory.php(128): Illuminate\View\FileViewFinder->find(‘layouts.app’) #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\seoka-bulsag\wp-content\uploads\cache\a1a55706c409a105ab80c0dd2d3c91263096587a.php(44): Illuminate\View\Factory->make(‘layouts.app’, Array) #3 C:\xampp\htdocs\seoka-bulsag\wp-content\themes\seoka\vendor\illuminate\view\Engines\PhpEngine.php(43): include(‘C:\xampp\htdocs…’) #4 C:\xampp\htdocs\seoka-bulsag\wp-content\themes\seoka\vendor\illuminate\view\Engines\CompilerEngine.php(59): Illuminate\View\Engines\PhpEngine->evaluatePath(‘C:\xampp\htdocs…’, Array) #5 C:\xampp\htdocs\seoka-bulsag\wp-cont in C:\xampp\htdocs\seoka-bulsag\wp-content\themes\seoka\vendor\illuminate\view\FileViewFinder.php on line 137

Looks like the view compiler can’t find your app layout, which should be in resources/views/layouts/app.blade.php. First step would be to make sure the file exists. If it exists, you might look at possible filesystem issues.

Thanks for the reply!

The file exists. I got this error randomly while making partials and some scss modifications, and I can’t really trace back what I did wrong.

What would my next step be?

I changed @extends(‘layouts.app’) to @extends(‘partials.layouts.app’) in all templates, which solved the issue. The strange thing is that I never changed it before and it worked perfectly until now.

Any thoughts about this?

Thanks in advance.

Is the layouts directory inside the partials directory?

Yes, it is. Anyway. Thanks for the help!