Sourcemaps no longer working as expected with Sage update

Committed a temporary fix into master:

3 Likes

this fixed the issue for me. thnx @benword & @kalenjohnson for your help.

1 Like

Issue fixed perfectly for me. Big thnx to Roots team for this live debugging :wink:

Can you guys try this again with the latest version of pleeease? Remove pleeease from your package.json, delete your node_modules directory and reinstall packages with npm install. That should give you pleeease 3.2.5 which has sourcemap fixes

I just verified that pleeease 3.2.5 is installed, but source maps are pointing to incorrect files and to main.css again.

Specifically what though? What did you try, expect, and get?

Got everything working over here: https://github.com/austinpray/roots/tree/fixsourcemaps

I am getting a 404 on that link

Itā€™s merged into master now

edit: this was the fix FYI: https://github.com/roots/sage/commit/39caa2d391fb4d0fb0e8894517de259bcd6cc5ec#diff-b9e12334e9eafd8341a6107dd98510c9

So itā€™s like a year later and Iā€™m not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it seems relevant since I managed to find ā€œthe answerā€ here.

I just installed a fresh Sage and the source maps werenā€™t working. I ran gulp and it appears to be working fine, but the source maps didnā€™t work. Upon further inspection, it was minifying CSS (thought Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s the culprit, or just a coincidence).

So I set about trying to make it only minify the CSS when the --production flag is used. I ended up switching the minifyCss pipe call within cssTasks to:

.pipe(function() {
  return gulpif(enabled.failStyleTask, minifyCss({
    advanced: false,
    rebase: false
  }));
})

This appears to tie the minifyCss call in with failStyleTask, which itself appears to be tied to the --production flag. However, this thread indicates that the issue had been previously solved.

So, am I doing something wrong and should I not have needed to make this change? Or was this issue re-introduced at some point between then and now? I canā€™t seem to find any reference to this ā€œ$pleaseeeā€ thing people keep mentioning.