Roots Discourse

SSH Error: Kinsta + Trellis

trellis

Hi everyone, I am trying to connect my local trellis environment via ansible to my Live site magaged with Kinsta. When I tun the following command:

ansible-playbook deploy.yml -e env=production -e site=johnboylesingfield.net --limit=kinsta_production

This error shows up

---------------------------------------------------
SSH Error: data could not be sent to remote host "kinsta_production". Make
sure this host can be reached over ssh
fatal: [kinsta_production]: UNREACHABLE! => {"changed": false, "unreachable": true}
	to retry, use: --limit @/Users/johnbsingfield/Documents/John/Sites/johnboylesingfield.net/trellis/deploy.retry

PLAY RECAP *********************************************************************
kinsta_production          : ok=2    changed=0    unreachable=1    failed=0

I cleared my Known_hosts file and tried many things from many posts here and from tutorials on SSH found on roots.io and Github but with no success. Thanks for your help.

0 Likes

Can you connect to your site with SSH outside of running ansible?

0 Likes

Yes I can.

I use :

ssh johnboylesingfield@35.203.98.50 -p 15012

and It works perfectly.

However, The ansible command show me that error no matter what I do.

0 Likes

I also tried to generate a brand new key from scratch and do all the steps to set it up on kinsta but it is still not working. I also did ssh-add -k with no results as well.

0 Likes

Nevermind. I found my mistake. I needed to add an ansible call line:

kinsta_production ansible_host=104.154.94.123 ansible_ssh_port=12345 ansible_ssh_extra_args='-o StrictHostKeyChecking=no'

In my host file Trellis install.

Thanks.

0 Likes

closed #8

This topic was automatically closed after 42 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes