Templates is wrong

Hi,

I’m trying to create a custom template, for blog posts, so I copied the template-custom.php, renamed it to template-blog.php, I changed the Template Name within the file itself to “Blog Template”.

Then I copied the content.php and created the file content-blog.php

In template-blog.php I did put following:

<?php get_template_part('templates/content', 'blog'); ?>

I changed the post ‘blog’ within wordpress, to use the ‘Blog Template’ in the dropdown.

But if I change something in both the template-blog.php and content-blog.php - the changes doesn’t come true…

If I put something in the template-blog.php or content-blog.php no changes happen.

If I put anything in the content.php file, stuff shows up.

Do anybody know, why this is happening?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Lucas R

UPDATE:
If I decide, not to set the ‘news’ page as the “posts page” it works fine… So how Can I change the layout if the page is set to be the ‘posts page’?

Setting the page to show posts in the reading settings will override your template choice in the page editor – so, just do one or the other, not both.

When displaying posts, WordPress will use the index.php file in Roots (or home.php if present), then also the template parts called from that file.

Roots does not change the the WordPress template hierarchy, so always check there first.