Trellis local dev - very slow loading times?

Hello,

my first time successfully setting up Trellis now.

Unfortunately, everything seems very slow, to the point of not being usable - have to wait 30s at least for admin to load, and also https://localhost:3000/ sometimes even doesn’t finish loading.
Perhaps some issue of mine (conflict with Valet perhaps?).

I noticed multiple reloads on localhost happening, and then 502 Bad Gateway appears sometimes.

I see no errors upon running yarn start, but there are some errors on VM in /srv/www/mypage.com/logs/error.log

Local dev with just Bedrock/Sage works as expected - this is just a copy of that with everything in /site folder and latest trellis in /trellis as is a suggested set-up.

I believe Webpack somehow doesn’t work and loads endlessly, but backend eventually loads.

[error] 10084#10084: *674 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.50.1, server: mypage.my, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php-fpm-wordpress.sock", host: "mypage.my"

Any ideas what could be the issue?

Thanks!

See Vagrant: Disappointing local site performance also perhaps, although it might not be related.

Regarding your multiple reloads on localhost. What port is it trying to use when loading?

Be sure when closing the yarn process to use CTRL + C to shut it down, rather than CTRL + Z which will only suspend it. This is something I kept doing for a while, which meant when I started it again, it would continue from the last port, 3001 instead of 3000 etc.

Heya, thanks for chiming in. I’m always CTRL+C-ing yeah, so it was using port 3000, so not sure what’s the issue. All good when just using Valet + Bedrock/Sage (same project) for local dev.

This topic was automatically closed after 42 days. New replies are no longer allowed.