Trellis on Centos

Hello Eveyone!

I am having backup of production trellis now and my old server is gone. Now I am having new centos server.
Please help me or guide me step by step for proper deployment. I am very new to trellis.

Right now below is what I am seeing :slight_smile:

Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Thanks!

Trellis can’t provision a CentOS server and cannot be used to provision or deploy to a shared hosting server.

If your server is a shared host, you can deploy the Bedrock part of your Trellis backup to it either manually (see Bedrock docs) or with deployment tools like Capistrano.

If your server is a VPS at Digital Ocean or a comparable provider (Linode, AWS) then your best bet is just to destroy your server and re-create it as an Ubuntu 16.04.2 server as required by Trellis. Make sure you have good backups of everything first.

2 Likes

Thanks MWDelaney!

Could you plz guide me throught the process, How I can do that manually ?

I am having all files and DIR in public_html/ DIR so it looks like :

public_html/
site/
trellis/

but my site is still down, what should I do here.

Thanks!

This goes a little beyond my ability to help, since you’re now dealing with the intricacies of your host’s configuration. You might be able to copy the contents of /site into /public_html and have it work (again, back up anything you’re overwriting or moving first), but I don’t know for sure.

If you’re simply trying to launch your site on shared hosting, you may be better off starting from a fresh copy of Bedrock, or even vanilla WordPress, and installing your themes and plugins, and importing your database and uploads manually. Fighting with Trellis from where you are is probably more trouble than it’s worth.

1 Like