Updating Files Crashes Test Site

I’ll preface this with the fact that I’m fairly new to trellis/bedrock but have loved the setup thus far.

We have been running into an issue where after installing trellis/bedrock and going through the setup of vagrant up successfully and even deploying successfully to DigitalOcean we then go back to make changes and as soon as we edit a file in the /site or /trellis directory the [insert_actual_project].test stops working.

The only way I can get the site to load again is by running vagrant halt and then vagrant up. As you can imagine this is not the ideal workflow.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have more than one Vagrant VM running at a time? Woth more than one running they can conflict with each other and become unresponsive.

1 Like

@MWDelaney You are correct this was the issue. After stopping all other running Vagrant VMs it started running smoothly.

Thanks for your help!

@MWDelaney Do we know why this is the case? It would be extremely useful to have multiple running at the same time. Example: while one project is provisioning I could go work on a separate project.

By default all Trellis projects will try and set themselves up on the same IP: https://github.com/roots/trellis/blob/f759a11738a0f490ad52a04a8cd32dbd98ee73db/vagrant.default.yml#L2

Changing the IP in your vagrant.default.yml file to something that won’t conflict should allow you to run multiple VMs at once.

1 Like

thanks @alwaysblank. I’ll give that a try.