Vagrant Up produces this error

I get this error after I have successfully brought Vagrant Up once. I then close the project for the day and when I come back the next day I get this:

ERROR! Trellis does not yet support Python 3.6.4. Please use Python 2.7. Ansible failed to complete successfully. Any error output should be visible above. Please fix these errors and try again.

Any idea why this is happening?

I get this when I type ansible --version:
ansible 2.4.2.0 config file = /Users/toddsantoro/Clients/example.com/trellis/ansible.cfg configured module search path = ['/Users/toddsantoro/.ansible/plugins/modules', '/usr/share/ansible/plugins/modules'] ansible python module location = /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/ansible executable location = /usr/local/bin/ansible python version = 3.6.4 (default, Mar 9 2018, 23:15:03) [GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 9.0.0 (clang-900.0.39.2)]

It looks like you’re using Python 3.6.4, which is unsupported. You should try switching to Python 2.7.

2 Likes

I get that but I have tried everything to delete python 3 and still nothing… How do I get rid of it?

I am clearly running Python 2.7.13 and I am still getting this error on vagrant up. Does anyone have a clue as to whats going on?

`ERROR! Trellis does not yet support Python 3.6.4.
Please use Python 2.7.
Ansible failed to complete successfully. Any error output should be
visible above. Please fix these errors and try again.

beaglejuice:trellis toddsantoro$ python -V
Python 2.7.13`

Turns out I installed Ansible separately a while back and it was using python 3+. I deleted it and when I vagrant up it installs the correct version of everything. Yahoo!!!

1 Like