What am I supposed to do after running `trellis up`?

Hm, interesting. Release v1.14.0 (which is the most recent) actually contains a roles/python_interpreter/tasks/main.yml:

But the current master does not contain that directory, it was removed in a commit right after the v1.14 release:

Are you using the latest master or the latest release v1.14.0?
But it works fine for me, with master and with that python_interpreter directory removed.
It appears that your Trellis project got some inconsistencies.

1 Like

In all the previous posts Iā€™ve been using the trellis that gets installed by trellis-cli, that is, 1.14.0. Only just now have I tried cloning master. Note I also never tried deleting the python_interpreter directory

Iā€™ve done the following to try to ensure Iā€™m using the latest trellis:

• backed up my group_vars directory
  • deleted my trellis dir
  • cloned trellis from gh
  • restored my previous group_vars directory
  • trellis init
  • trellis up

Itā€™s taking much longer than it has previously, seems encouraging. Should have a result soon

Success!!! :tada::tada::tada::tada:

So, would I be correct in saying that the version of trellis that you get by running trellis new myproject.com is outdated, at least for MacOS?

2 Likes

Thanks so much for all your help @strarsis!

Hm, that wouldnā€™t be just outdated but contains incorrect code that prevented a successful trellis up. It would be very helpful if you can reproduce this issue and create a new issue: Issues Ā· roots/trellis Ā· GitHub

Done, let me know if thereā€™s any other info you think I should provide

Thanks again!

1 Like

I think the Trellis CLI will just install the latest tagged trellis version and not the latest commits, so this makes sense.

I mentioned it in the issue, but trellis new --trellis-version=dev example.com exists and would use the dev/master version instead of the latest stable version.

2 Likes