What is Wrong with my WP-CLI on Trellis?

I don’t think I configured anything special for WP-CLI, but I’ve been getting these errors when attempting to run most of the built in commands:

[23-Jan-2016 20:50:01 UTC] PHP Stack trace:
[23-Jan-2016 20:50:01 UTC] PHP   1. {main}() /usr/bin/wp:0
[23-Jan-2016 20:50:01 UTC] PHP   2. include() /usr/bin/wp:4
[23-Jan-2016 20:50:01 UTC] PHP   3. include() phar:///usr/bin/wp/php/boot-phar.php:5
[23-Jan-2016 20:50:01 UTC] PHP   4. WP_CLI\Runner->start() phar:///usr/bin/wp/php/wp-cli.php:21
[23-Jan-2016 20:50:01 UTC] PHP   5. WP_CLI\Runner->_run_command() phar:///usr/bin/wp/php/WP_CLI/Runner.php:723
[23-Jan-2016 20:50:01 UTC] PHP   6. WP_CLI\Runner->run_command() phar:///usr/bin/wp/php/WP_CLI/Runner.php:320
[23-Jan-2016 20:50:01 UTC] PHP   7. WP_CLI\Runner->find_command_to_run() phar:///usr/bin/wp/php/WP_CLI/Runner.php:296
[23-Jan-2016 20:50:01 UTC] PHP   8. WP_CLI\Dispatcher\RootCommand->find_subcommand() phar:///usr/bin/wp/php/WP_CLI/Runner.php:255
[23-Jan-2016 20:50:01 UTC] PHP   9. WP_CLI\Utils\load_command() phar:///usr/bin/wp/php/WP_CLI/Dispatcher/RootCommand.php:41

It kinda looks like wp-cli is being loaded twice, but it doesn’t really give me a useful path, so I’m not really sure where to look to investigate this issue. This is happening in my local Vagrant instance.

Anyone have any ideas?

I don’t know what’s going on but you can always try to delete WP-CLI entirely and re-install it. I’d just search the box for files called wp or wp-cli.phar. Make sure there aren’t any duplicates and that you have the latest version.

Having similar issue, I’ll work on it and see what I can find… Find anything, mAAdhaTTah?

Could you post the exact error you’re seeing (if it’s not the same as @mAAdhaTTah’s)?

Yea I realized mine wasn’t same error message and was related to older plugins that havent been updated. My B.

Actually, still having problems and getting this stacktrace:

stderr: PHP Fatal error:  Class 'WP_Widget' not found in /srv/www/certificateform.deltaomega.org/current/web/wp/wp-includes/widgets/class-wp-widget-pages.php on line 17
PHP Stack trace:
PHP   1. {main}() /usr/bin/wp:0
PHP   2. include() /usr/bin/wp:4
PHP   3. include() phar:///usr/bin/wp/php/boot-phar.php:5
PHP   4. require() phar:///usr/bin/wp/php/wp-cli.php:26
PHP   5. do_action() phar:///usr/bin/wp/php/wp-settings-cli.php:257
PHP   6. call_user_func_array:{/srv/www/certificateform.deltaomega.org/current/web/wp/wp-includes/plugin.php:525}() /srv/www/certificateform.deltaomega.org/current/web/wp/wp-includes/plugin.php:525
PHP   7. wp_maybe_load_widgets() /srv/www/certificateform.deltaomega.org/current/web/wp/wp-includes/plugin.php:525
PHP   8. require_once() /srv/www/certificateform.deltaomega.org/current/web/wp/wp-includes/functions.php:3432
PHP   9. require_once() /srv/www/certificateform.deltaomega.org/current/web/wp/wp-includes/default-widgets.php:11

FATAL: all hosts have already failed -- aborting

If I rollback to earlier WP it works fine… My wp-cli --info is:

PHP binary:	/usr/bin/php
PHP version:	5.5.30
php.ini used:
WP-CLI root dir:	phar://wp-cli.phar
WP-CLI global config:
WP-CLI project config:
WP-CLI version:	0.22.0

Also, not using sage.

Blaah, my issue was that my vagrant box’s version of wp-cli needed to be updated

1 Like

Relevant: