What's the most concise method to modify wp_list_comments() HTML?

What is the most concise way to modify wp_list_comments() to not include get_comment_time() inside the meta time element?

The Codex did not reveal any simple argument inside wp_list_comments() to disable get_comment_time() and I assume this means I’d need a new walker. If that’s true, I’ve read in another thread that this would fall into adding a new file in the /app folder and linking to it from functions.php.

I purchased the book, which was helpful to explain the high-level concept of what to do but I didn’t see anything specific related to this. Thanks for your help!

Hey @asuh - this might point you in the right direction: http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-themes/how-to-remove-date-and-time-from-wordpress-comments/

@mmirus The problem with this article is that it assumes that the time is wrapped with <span class="comment-time"> and this is not the case with my output. Does your implementation work differently? I’m on Sage 9 final.

Oh, I see this is now unlisted :confused:

This post was unlisted because it seemed to be about modifying the output of core WordPress functions, not the Roots stack. Questions about general WordPress functionality are usually better suited to another forum, such as StackOverflow.

I hear you but my confusion was more about the best method according to Sage’s coding style and architecture on how to do this. That’s why I made the assumption that I would need to add a new walker file. Anyway, I created a new thread for the walker.

@asuh if you still wanted to go this route instead of a custom walker, you may be able to look at your markup and see what the equivalent of .comment-time would be. But depending on your markup then it may not the right way to go and you might have to look at using a walker as you guessed (or maybe the callback and end-callback arguments for wp_list_comments). Will follow up on your walker thread.